This policy sets out:
- What personal information we collect;
- What we use that personal information for;
- How long we hold personal information;
- How to exercise your rights under GDPR.
As a visitor, supplier or customer of CDEC we will always respect your right to privacy. We know that the
internet is not a secure medium and have implemented security measures to (where it is possible to) protect
against the loss or abuse of information under our control. Our information management and security
measures are accredited by the British Assessment Bureau as compliant with the ISO 27001 standard. We are
fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations, taking effect on May 25th 2018.
All information that we gather as a result of you browsing the CDEC website, visiting our premises or
contacting us via phone or email will be treated as confidential.
- To contact us about a sales query, report an incident or request a service or information, you will be
required to supply us with contact and personal information. We consider you a ‘customer’ if you contact us
with any of these kinds of queries.
- If you are a ‘customer’ we will use data we collect from you for legitimate business purposes, such as
resolving your query, sending you a satisfaction survey, contacting you to tell you about relevant products,
services or events.
- We will consider you as a ‘customer’ for 12 months from the last date you contacted us unless we have a
separate contract or order with you. If you do not contact us again within 12 months your profile will be
- If you contact us again after 12 months, we have a legitimate interest to re-commence sending you
marketing communications and surveys.
- You can opt-out of communications or request we delete your data at any time by contacting our team at
- We may use personal and profile data to tailor your experience on our website
- We may use your IP address, browser configuration or other identifying information to troubleshoot
technical problems with our servers, to monitor numbers of visitors and to identify and eliminate fraud.
- We do not transfer any information outside the European Economic Area
- Whenever we process your personal data for the above purposes, we will ensure that your personal data
rights are kept in high regard, and our internal policies, processes and services take account of these rights.
You have the right to object to any processing if you wish and can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to
request this. Please bear in mind this may affect our ability to carry out the above tasks for you.
- If you are a ‘customer’ who has placed an order with us or we are working with on a request or fault, we will
hold onto your data as long as is necessary to provide you with these services in accordance with our retention
- If you don’t use our services or contact us for over 12 months then we will no longer consider you a
customer and will delete your data. This does not apply if you have bought equipment or services from us that
are covered by a warranty.